Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Pick Me Up Layout / Paige Evans DT

Hey friends! I’m beyond excited to be sharing my first layout for the Paige Evans Design Team using her NEW collection, Pick-Me-Up! It’s full of beautiful, rich colors, amazing patterns, and lots of fun embellishments. I dove right in and started sorting through all the pretty papers. I used one of Paige’s new cut files for this, the Heart Wreath cut file available in the Silhouette Store and die cut it from white cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo. I used a lot of the new patterned papers to back each of the hearts. I decided to go big with my photo and enlarged this sweet image of my grandma and my daughter. I used Pick-Me-Up Paper 16 as my background and added some mixed media to it. I smudged some white gesso in a big circle with my fingers to fade out some of the patterned paper behind the cut file. Next, I used a variety of pink ink sprays along with some teal and gold to add a bit more color.


Once the background was dry, I machine stitched a bunch of messy circles using white thread. I wanted to add more texture behind the cut file and this was a subtle way to do it without making everything look busier. I popped up the entire cut file and photo using some foam adhesive. I also added in several teeny tiny hearts from the Pick-Me-Up Chipboard Stickers. They are so cute!


I wanted to go minimal on the embellishments and title since the hearts and photo are the main design elements. I layered in a Pick-Me-Up Chipboard Sticker and added a phrase that I cut from Paper 01.  I also added in a small pink “Always” sticker from the Sticker Sheet.


I layered a few goodies here for a small title.  This is a combination of the Stickers, Chipboard Stickers and a phrase from a patterned paper that I cut out.


Over on the left, I added in two more Chipboard Stickers. I love the gold foiling! I tucked in some yellow and aqua thread under the cut file for added color and texture. I really love how the adhesive foam creates such awesome dimension.


One more close-up of that awesome dimension!  Adding the adhesive foam makes all the difference :)

I hope this inspires you to pick up this beautiful collection and make something awesome with it! You won’t be disappointed… it’s very beautiful! I had a blast making it and I know you’ll love it as well.  I have a process video here as well.



Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment: