Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas Magic / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey friends!  Today I have a fun and festive Christmas layout to share for the Shimmerz Education Team.  I used several Shimmerz products to create this pretty background.  All of my papers and embellishments are from Pinkfresh Studio and a few holiday Hip Kit Club kits.  I was first inspired by a few patterned papers that had those cute stockings and houses on them.  I fussy cut a lot of them out and decided to create some clusters around my photo.  I wanted to use lots of traditional Christmas colors from the papers, but I also wanted to bring in some blue.  That's where the Shimmerz come in!


I used Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock as my base, and it's pretty smooth and thick.  I added some Inklingz Me & Blue to some Paste-eez Salt of the Earth.  It created a pretty light blue paste, and I smudged it all over the background using a palette knife.  I sprinkled in some Vibez Jeni B Bleu and Snow Way Man to add a few different blue shades.  Once that dried I splattered on some Inklingz Green Goddess and Miner Miner 49er.  The mix of these colors was perfect for these papers.  I popped up the stockings with some adhesive foam for some dimension.


Here you can see the pretty blend of the background colors.  I used some Pinkfresh chipboard, die cuts and puffy stickers here, and that cute flair button is from last year's November Hip Kit.  I used the Paige Evans Folk Art Christmas Tree cut file to cut this cute tree...I cut it on vellum and layered it behind everything.  I wanted some detail back there without being too distracting, so vellum was perfect.


Here's a tip when you're using Inklingz or Creameez.  You can really water it down and make the paint thin or you can add less water and thicken it up.  If you look at the gold splatters here, you can see some are bigger and more sheer while others are smaller and more dimensional.  Two different looks with the same paint...just change the amount of water you add.  To add more green here, I used a brush to spread around some Coloringz Keep Palm.


I used a few Pinkfresh wood buttons and enamel dots in a few places.


Here you can see the differences in the gold splatters.  I love the dimension of the smaller dots!


Here's one last close-up of all the pretty colors :)


I hope this inspires you in some way.  Don't be afraid to mix and match your Shimmerz...even if they're completely different products.  You can get some really fun colors and textures by combining things.  Be sure to check out my video here to see how I created this background:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a very Merry Christmas!

Supplies Used:
Inklingz--Me & Blue, Miner Miner 49er, Green Goddess
Paste-eez--Salt of the Earth
Vibez--Jeni B Bleu, Snow Way Man
Coloringz--Keep Palm


No comments:

Post a Comment