Sunday, September 3, 2017

Precious Sunshine / Shimmerz Education Team

Happy Sunday, friends!  I have a fun layout to share today for the Shimmerz Education Team.  I decided to try painting over some die cut flowers I cut on my Cameo.  It turned out way better than I anticipated!  This is a super simple technique that you cannot mess up.  All I did to create this background was lay down a floral die cut and paint over the edges with some Inklingz and Creameez.  I didn't use much water, so I didn't have to prep my background with gesso or acrylic paint.  After I painted around the edges, I peeled it up and I was left with these gorgeous flowers and leaves.  And before I forget to mention, the floral cut files are from Just Nick Studio.



I used several color to create these shapes.  The pinks are a combination of Inklingz Hot Stuff and Creameez 1 Hot Mama, Good Ol' Summer Time, Piggy Pink and Great Fruit.  I also added some matching splatters using the same colors and a paint brush.  To embellish, I used chipboard and die cuts from the Simple Stories Sunshine & Happiness collection.


For the greens, I combined Creameez Jolly Green Giant and Lettuce Get Together with Inklingz The Holly & The Ivy.  I love how they look mixed together.  I tucked in a fussy cut sun here at the top since these were outdoor photos, and "Sunshine" is one of my daughter's nicknames :)


I love how the negative shapes turned out.  It's such a fun and different look than just using the actual die cut.  I added in some matching colors of thread around the photos and embellishments.


I always love to create dimension on my pages.  To raise the photos up a bit, I added some adhesive foam.  I went simple with the title and used some Simple Stories alpha stickers and part of a die cut.  I wrote a few lines of journaling under that.


To add some texture and dimension to the top of the page, I hand cut a few messy clouds and tucked some pink thread under one.  I like how this is subtle and doesn't really take away from the photos or make the page too busy.  You can still see them, but they're kind of hidden since they're white.


I hope this has inspired you in some way.  It was fun to try a new technique (new to me, anyway!) and get a fun and pretty result.  Here's my process video where you can see exactly how I created those flowers.





Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies: 
Creameez--1 Hot Mama, Good Ol' Summer Time, Piggy Pink, Great Fruit, Dandy-Lion, Lettuce Get Together, Jolly Green Giant
Inklingz--The Holly & The Ivy, Hot Stuff
Aqua Huez--Blue Me Away (no longer available)


No comments:

Post a Comment