Thursday, July 6, 2017

Summer Life / Thermoweb

Happy Thursday, friends!  I hope you all have been having a great week.  I'm sharing my newest layout for Thermoweb today.  I made this layout for Bikini Day, and I created some fun foiled swim suits.  I love incorporating these fun Deco Foil Transfer Sheets with mixed media.  Summer layouts are my favorite, and these are some cut photos of my sweet Paige in the pool from a few years ago.

I found the swim suit cut files in the Silhouette Store and cut them on some of the Gina K. Designs White Premium Cardstock.  I coated the shapes with the Deco FoilTransfer Gel and then let them dry completely.  I placed the Deco Foils over each shape and placed them in between some parchment paper.  I ran them through my laminator, and the magic foil adheres to the gel as you peel the foil sheet off.  It's so cool, and the results are amazing!  I used some Shimmerz Paints on my background and then created a fun little clothes line for the swim suits to hang from.


Check out how shiny the Lime Deco Foil Transfer Sheet is!  I love how this turned out.  I embellished here with some stickers from Simple Stories & Pebbles as well as some tissue paper.  That pink paper behind my photos is a random sheet from Michael's.


I used the beautiful Teal Foil Transfer Sheets for this bikini....it's so gorgeous. I love how it contrasts with the yellow paint on the background.  I even foiled the clothes line and created some very homemade clothes pins to hang everything from it.   I used the Champagne Transfer Foil Sheets for that.  Those clouds are from The Cut Shoppe.


I love how this pink piece turned out.  I used the Gina K. Designs Fancy Foils in Passionate Pink.  I love how distressed it looks...that's from using a palette knife to smudge the Transfer Gel down.  It gives every little detail in the texture.  I fussy cut the "hello sunshine" piece from a Simple Stories paper.


Here's another shot of the pink...so pretty.  I added a flair button from A Flair For Buttons and more stickers and thread.


I also added in a few Pebbles cloud stickers to add more interest at the top.  I love creating some sort of sun and sky for my Summer layouts.  I also added some gold machine stitching in a few places.


I went simple with the title.  I combined some older yellow Jillibean Soup alphas with a Freckled Fawn puffy sticker.  I wrote a little bit of journaling with a metallic gold pen.


I really hope this gives you some inspiration.  I'd love to know if you've tried the Transfer Gel or any of the Deco Foils for your projects.  I have a process video here if you'd like to check it out, and be sure to check out the Thermoweb YouTube channel for lots more foiled projects!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment