Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Explore / More Than Words Guest Designer

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm back today to share a layout I created as a Guest Designer for the More Than Words Challenge Blog.  Thank you so Nicole for inviting me to join in...I had a great time creating with this month's inspiration.  Each month, scrappers are given a word and an image to jump start their projects.  I knew just what I wanted to create when I saw the word "Explore" and the fun arrows :)




I decided to create a travel layout.  I pulled out the You Are Here collection from Simple Stories and got to work.  I used this amazing arrow cut file from Just Nick and cut it really large on a multi-colored striped paper.  I used a light blue patterned paper for my background, and I used white gesso and Shimmerz Paints on it.  In all honesty, I had created this background for a different project months ago.  I wound up not using it then, so I saved it and made it work for this page.  I used some blues, pinks, greys and some gold.  The arrow cut file worked so nicely over it.  I used an older white puffy sticker from Freckled Fawn as my title, and the stamps are from Crate Paper Oasis.


We were in St. Maarten here, so I wanted a tropical vibe going on with lots of flowers.  Some of the flowers I layered in are die cuts, some are stickers, and some I fussy cut from paper.  I also tucked in some wood veneer, some chipboard, some enamel dots and some sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.


I used a few torn pieces of patterned paper behind my photo as well as some tissue paper & foam adhesive.  I used one of the chipboard frames under the photo, too.  I love all the fun wood veneer and chipboard flowers!


I used enamel dots on a few of the flowers and tucked in a few die cut tags & a clear sticker tag as well.


I also used a flair button from A Flair For Buttons here...it matched so perfectly!


I created a fun little cluster at the top with more flowers, thread, enamel dots and sequins.


I hope this inspires you in some way!  Be sure to check out the More Than Words Challenge Blog for a LOT more inspiration...you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment