Thursday, May 25, 2017

You Are Capable of Amazing Things / Bella Blvd

Hey, friends!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Bella Blvd.  I started off our Stamps Week over on the Bella blog.  I love incorporating stamps onto my layouts, and the Illustrated Faith Homespun Alpha Stamps are perfect for creating a large title.  I wanted to go big and bold, so I found an inspirational quote on Pinterest and made it the focus of my layout.  I used different colors of spray inks to stamp with instead of ink pads.  I wanted an artsy and messy look to the letters, and the liquid did just that.  I mostly used the Illustrated Faith Seeds of Faith collection for this, so I chose ink sprays that matched.  Once they dried, I fussy cut them out.  I cut the word "amazing" on my Cameo using a fun script font and cut it really big on the Birds of a Feather paper.


For my background, I covered the middle area of the page with some white acrylic paint.  I used the same spray inks and watercolors here as I did with the letter stamping.  I combined the packaging technique with using my paint brush to add all that abstract color.   


I love the texture and dimension here!  You're almost always going to get some curling when the paper dries from the watercolor.  That makes it so easy for things to jump off the page...such a fun effect!

 

I also used this adorable open heart stamp from the Illustrated Faith Delight in His Day collection.  I overlapped them creating a few heart clusters around the page.  I layered in a few die cuts from the Illustrated Faith Basics collection and tucked some tangled thread under my photo as well.

 

Here I used a few pieces that I fussy cut from the IF Basics Clear Cuts pack.  This cute butterfly and flower matched so well, and I brought in a pop of that aqua by adding in some thread.  I also brought in another stamp here from the IF Icons Stamps.  I added the date to it down by my journaling.

 

 Here you can see how awesome the watercolor stamping turned out.  I love that the letters aren't perfect.  I also love how the ends curl up.  It creates such awesome texture and dimension.  I did run the page through my sewing machine and used light pink thread to stitch through each word.  I added a few more die cuts here from the IF Basics and Seeds of Faith Paper Pieces pack.


The fun thing about using a big quote like this for your page is that it takes up a lot of space.  I really didn't feel like I needed to add a lot of embellishments.  The letters were design enough and provided plenty of color, interest, texture and dimension. 

 

I do have a process video for this page if you'd like to check it out:



Thanks so much for visiting me today, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Missy I tryed to post to your giveaway video but for some reason it would not let me. Weird! I want to thank you for your time. I look so forward to your videos each week. I would like to see you do a mixed media canvas. You would be great at it! Congratulations on 6,000 viewers!

    ReplyDelete