Monday, February 27, 2017

Dreams / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, everybody!  Today I'm sharing a new layout for Hip Kit Club.  This is my first layout using the new 2017 February Hip Kits, and they are amazing!  I couldn't resist scrapping a tropical photo for this page, and these kits made it easy.  I used the Crate Paper wood grain sheet as my background.  I love how it reminds me of the sandy beach :)  I used the new Shimmerz AcriTonez from the Color Kit to add some blue to my background.  I used a big dry brush to paint the blue and white paint onto the paper.  I tore a big sheet of vellum to place over it to soften it up.  I didn't want the blue paint to compete with the blues in the photos since they are the focus.  I love how the vellum looks, and you can still see all the blue, but it's muted.

I embellished with lots of Maggie Holmes die cut flowers, a few fussy cut flowers, some stickers and chipboard and some thread.  I love how this turned out!


I love this little cluster at the bottom right.  I layered a big pink flower that I fussy cut from a Maggie Holmes paper half way under the vellum.  I added some die cuts, stickers, a bit of washi tape from the Oh My Heart Sticker Book, and that adorable puffy gold heart!  It's like a little mini-pillow!  I added some blue thread under it and then a little journaling to the left.


I first was inspired to scrap this page by this big "dreams" chipboard piece.  I tend to shy away from really big word pieces like this, so I challenged myself to start with one.  I love the shiny gold color, and I added a cute little bird sticker on it.  Here you can see the dimension from the chipboard, but also from the adhesive foam that I added under my photo and flowers.


Speaking of dimension, this is why I do it.  I love the 3D effect here, and you have all this space to add things under it.  I love the shadowing!  Here I layered in some Maggie Holmes flowers, a fussy cut camera and more tangled thread.  I also added in some blue and gold splatters.


Here's the left side of the page...more flowers, stickers and thread :)  Oh, and by the way, this photo was taken in Maho Bay, Aruba.  I wish I was there NOW....haha!


I think this is one of my favorite pages in a while...I just love how it turned out.  If you'd like to see my hands in action putting this together, here's my process video.


Thanks so much for stopping in!  I hope you've gotten some inspiration today.  Have a great Monday!


1 comment: