Friday, January 13, 2017

Love Sweet Life / Paige Evans Design Team

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout for the Paige Evans Design Team, and I used a lot of the Fancy Free collection to create it.  I've been eyeing patterned paper 09 for a while.  It has a lot of multi-colored messy half circles on it.  I've been on a fussy cutting kick lately, so I decided to cut most of them out and create little banners.  I used paper 10 for my background, and I just love the soft light blue watercolor wash look. 

I added some white gesso to the background and then used some Shimmerz Paints to create a messy watercolor look on the background.  I just wanted there to be some messy areas of color peeking through all the banner pieces.  Once that dried, I arranged the half circles, lightly glued them down and then machine stitched through each row.  I embellished with a few tags, some fussy cut flowers, some chipboard, mirror stickers, layered stickers and a few buttons.


I can't get enough of these gorgeous florals!  I fussy cut these flowers from the 6x6 Paper Pad and added a little bit of foam under them to add some dimension.  I also added a bit of tangled thread for a little pop of color and texture.  I also added in a few buttons from Take Me Away.  The last thing I did was ruffle up the edges of the banners to make them look like they were rising up of the page.


I used this beautiful "love" acetate piece from the Fancy Free Ephemera pack and also added in a few of the small shiny silver heart die cuts.  I added more of the fussy cut flowers here layered in between the photo and the tags.  I love how the watercolor looks!


So I just decided to add a few words for my title, and I mixed and matched a die cut, the mirrored words and a chipboard piece.  I love how the mirrored word shines!  Don't forget to pull off the protective film on them :)  I added my third cluster of fussy cut flowers and a button here as well.


I layered a Fancy Free tag and a Take Me Away frame under the photo for some fun pops of yellow.  And more flowers and a button over here to make the page feel balanced out.


Here's one more close up...you can really see the dimension from the banners, the layered sticker, the chipboard, and the pieces that have foam under them.  It's so fun to raise things off the page!


I hope you guys enjoyed this...I do have a process video of this layout.  Enjoy!  And please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks for stopping by and for watching!



Have a wonderful day, friends!

1 comment:

  1. This is such an incredible page Missy!! So bright and fun and I love those banners!

    ReplyDelete