Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas / A Flair For Buttons

Happy Monday, friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  Our family did, and I can't believe it has already come and gone.  Today I wanted to share a layout I created for A Flair For Buttons featuring two flair from the Here & Now and Love Gold Flair sets. 

I created another Christmas layout using the My Mind's Eye Comfort & Joy collection.  I had some leftover die cut Christmas trees from a Hip Kit Club cut file, and I arranged them on some white cardstock.  I covered a lot of the area with clear gesso and then used a few different shades of Shimmerz sprays to add the green watercolor.  I used some very light blue Shimmerz to add a faint sky behind the trees and then machine stitched through the trees with gold thread.  I embellished with sequins, chipboard, a brad and some die cuts.


I love using plastic packaging over cardstock die cuts.  Some of the color goes onto the die cuts and some of it goes onto the background.  I love the messy look!  Here you can see the fun texture from the stitching. I used some white sequins and some tiny gold stars from SpiegelMom Scraps.


I love this flair button.  Even though it isn't part of a Christmas set, it goes with this page perfectly.  I love the black and kraft mix, and I layered it right on top of this chipboard piece with some gold thread nestled under it.


The second flair button I used isn't from a Christmas set, either.  This one is so cute, and gold always goes with Christmas, right? :)  I created a fun little cluster here with a chipboard button and a brad.  I added some foam adhesive under this long banner piece.  I cut "christmas" on my Cameo in the Shoreline font.  I love the white-on-white look here.


I added some tangled thread for added color and texture as well as a cute chipboard tree right on top of the photos.


Here's one final close-up of the title area.  I love this font!  All that pretty gold is Heidi Swapp Color Shine.  It's so pretty mixed in with the green Shimmerz.


Here are the sets of flair I used:



Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Be sure to visit the A Flair For Buttons store and check out all the amazing flair Shelley has!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this Missy!! Gorgeous page! Glad you had a great Christmas! It is so strange how you look forward to it and plan for it for so long and then just like that it is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I LOVE the flare!

    ReplyDelete