Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Using Older Supplies / Sweet Reese

Happy Tuesday!  I'm back today to share another layout in my Using Older Supplies series I'm doing on my YouTube channel.  I've been trying to work through some of my older stash of supplies the past few months, and this is the tenth layout & video in the series.  I plan to keep on doing these in between all of my design team work. 

For this layout, I used lots of older My Mind's Eye products.  I used pieces from Sweetest Thing, Lime Twist, Collectable, Caroline & Follow Your Heart.  I went through and picked out some stickers & die cuts that jumped out at me first.  Then I sorted through all the papers and chose this light grey and white dotted paper as my background.  In my video you'll see how much MME stuff I have...and it's all in a big pile together!  Craziness, I tell ya.

I started working on how I wanted to layer some of those big doilie-type floral stickers.  I combined cardstock stickers with some chipboard flowers and used a few patterned papers as layers behind my photo.  I used white gesso on the background and Shimmerz Paints in matching colors.


I was in the mood to do a lot of layering, so I created my own pink and yellow color scheme with all the pieces I could find and began layering.  I decided to add in that deeper shad of purple as well from the Lime Twist collection.  I added in some machine stitching as well as lots of tangled thread.


To create this bottom cluster, I combined fussy cut patterned paper with stickers, chipboard, brads, thread and sequins.  I love how this came together!  That purple paper is from one of those 12x12 shaped papers, and the flowers are from a 6x6 Paper Pad.  You never know how different collections will look together until you pull them all out and really look at them next to each other.


More layering here.  I love the mix of chipboard with cardstock stickers.  I found so many stickers and pieces that coordinated.  I machine stitched right onto my photo as well as through some of the stickers.


I did add a few Simple Stories Carpe Diem planner stickers in a few places, like the round yellow one at the top here.  They just add an extra pop of color here and there.  I'm in love with these sequins...the color is just so pretty and matches so well.


I decided to go light for my journaling so I used a silver gel pen.  I like how subtle it is.  I usually use a black pen, so this was a nice change and kept things soft.


Here's one more close-up of the layering.  I added in that cute chipboard butterfly from Follow Your Heart, and that purple circle is the outline of a sticker that I had already used.  I fussy cut around it on the sticker sheet and added it in because it was a fun shape and just the right color.


Here's my process video of this layout coming together from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day, friends :)

3 comments:

  1. I Always watch with great interest your process video, you are an Amazing inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layering and love how you used older supplies

    ReplyDelete