Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween Hulk / Simple Stories

Happy Halloween, y'all!  Hope you are having a great Monday :)  I wanted to share one of my Halloween pages I created for Simple Stories today.  I used the Happy Haunting Simple Set, and I added in a fun cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  I wanted to add some green and purple into the mix, so I did that by bringing in some watercolors.  I used some Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Marigold Digger and painted it on with a big brush so it would show through and around the cut file.  I backed some of the open spots of the cut file with papers from the collection and then came in with some green and purple watercolors.  Since this is a small collection, I used some green buttons to add to the embellishments.  My silly girl is the cutest Hulk, don't you think?  She looks all sweet and innocent, but she might go full-on Hulk at any given minute...haha! :D


Here you can see the watercolors and Dazzlerz a little better.  I cut "halloween" from a piece of the cut apart paper.  It's kind of like a crossword puzzle, but I liked how this looked as part of my title.  I fussy cut the pumpkin from patterned paper as well and added some foam under it.  That cute spider web is from the sticker sheet.  I used some of the black alphas from the Snap Bold sticker pack.


I love that this cut file has a heart at the bottom.  I wanted this to be a sweet Halloween page and not too spooky, so the heart does that :)  I added a few phrase stickers from the Sticker sheet as well as another cute bat.  I finished this area off with tangled thread and a button from my stash.


I did so some black machine stitching around the circle.  This is a great cut file; it's very versatile and it helps the design of your layout by giving your photos a place to go right inside the circle.


Here's one more look at the cut file and mixed media work.  And my shoeless little Hulk running around at school...haha!  What a silly goose!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!


1 comment: