Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Using Older Supplies / Hello You Are My Fave

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout in my Using Older Supplies series I'm doing on my YouTube channel.  For this one, I used some older Elle's Studio collections as well as one of my older EK Success punches.  I wanted to create a Cameo cut look without using it, so the punch did the job.  I used all ES papers with a few Simple Stories & American Crafts goodies thrown in.

I used white gesso, Prima Oil Pastels, gelatos & Shimmerz to create the background.  I did a lot of smudging with my fingers to create that faded look, and I added splatters.  The punch I used is actually a border punch.  I punched several patterned papers and then cut each individual shape out so I could scatter them around the page.  I stitched through some of them and then worked on adding embellishments here and there.


The Elle's Studio collections I used were Serendipity, Cameron & Penelope.  I had so much stored away that I forgot I had so much left!  I love these gorgeous colors, and some of the embellishments from the original Simple Stories Carpe Diem and Dear Lizzy Yes Please matched so well.  I also used a few ES stamps and one from Technique Tuesday.


I did lots of machine stitching in blue around the photo to create a fun textured border.  I also used some of the ES cards and frames as layers here.  I even added a random Dear Lizzy sticker as part of the layers here as well.  I just want to use this stuff up, and I figure if I haven't a frame as an actual frame in a few years, I'm probably not going to....so just use it as a layering piece.  That "inspired" arrow is from Simple Stories.


I combined some ES, SS and DL here along with a flair button from A Flair For Buttons.  Those adorable sequins are new...they are from SpiegelMom Scraps, and they're amazing!  I did some fun zig zag stitching here as well.


Here's one last close-up.  This was the perfect spot for my journaling.  I wound up adding another phrase die cut down here along with some sequins & more stitching.


Here's the process video for this page.  I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try with your punches!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Missy. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous page. You have me looking at my border punches in a new way.

    ReplyDelete