Sunday, May 15, 2016

I Could Squish You / Pink Paislee Guest Designer

Hey there, and Happy Sunday!  I hope you've all had a great weekend so far.  Today I wanted to share one of the layouts I created for my Guest Design Spot over at Pink Paislee last week!  I was over the moon thrilled when Paige asked me to create some projects with her gorgeous Fancy Free collection.  Of course I said YES without a second thought!

Here's the first layout I made.  The patterned papers and colors are just so beautiful, and I wanted to use a lot of them together.  My first instinct to do that is to use a cut file with lots of open spaces.  I used the Open Letter Alpha cut file from The Cut Shoppe to create this awesome quote I found on Pinterest.  I backed each letter with a different paper, and I'm loving how it turned out!  I used a light pink cardstock as my background, and I smudged some white gesso and some pink watercolors on it.  I added a bit of tangled thread and then glued and stitched all the words down.


I used some of the beautiful aqua glitter Thicker hearts as accents on some of the letters.  I just can't get enough of this technique.  Backing die cuts is such a great way to get lots of pattern and color on your page without it being too overwhelming and busy.  Plus having a solid color background makes it all stand out a little more.


If you know me, then you know I love tangled thread!  I glued it down under the words and then stitched over it.


Here's one more close up.  I added a cute puffy cloud and heart sticker and a little die cut heart here in this open area.  I didn't want to add too much more since the words where the focus.  There is such a thing as "too busy" and I didn't want to detract from the quote.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Stay tuned for more of my Pink Paislee projects coming soon!
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that cut file title! Your colors are so pretty together and that puffy cloud sticker is adorable!

    ReplyDelete