Monday, May 9, 2016

Hello I'm Weird / Bella Blvd

Happy Monday, friends!  Have you recovered from National Scrapbooking Day / Weekend?!  I know a lot of challenges aren't due for a few more days, so I'm sure you're all still busy creating!  My assignments just keep on coming, so I have a lot to share in the coming days and weeks.

Here's the layout I created for NSD over at Bella Blvd.  Each Design Team Member was asked to create a layout about themselves.  I decided to create a circle grid using patterned papers, Clear Cuts and Invisibles from several different collections.  I used a 2-inch circle punch and then arranged the circles, adhered them down and then machine stitched through them to emphasize the grid design.  I used a circle stamp from my stash behind a few of them to create sort of a messy look.  I also did a bit of watercolor on the background.


I love combining embellishments and alphas to create a title.  I used some of this awesome Caio Chipboard here and I colored it with some gelatos.  I used some of the Tiny Text and mixed it with a fussy cut word from one of the Just Add Color papers.  I added some black tangled thread under the "hello" to make it stand out a bit more against the colorful background.


I love the Clear Cuts!  They look so awesome on white cardstock, and they punch really well.  The yellow flower circle is one of the Invisibles.  They're thicker and didn't punch very well, so I had to cut it with scissors.  They are super cool, and it was fun to experiment with those.  I used a few paper layers behind my photo and added a few of the Illustrated Faith She Blooms heart stickers.


More circles, more stitching, more tangled thread :)  I can't get enough of these fun and bright colors!


Here's one more close up of the bottom of the circles.  I love how so many of the Bella collections work so well mixed together.


Thanks so much for stopping by today...and have a great Monday!

1 comment: