Friday, April 22, 2016

Snapshots of a Happy Life / Simple Stories

Friday is here again...yay!  Let the weekend begin!  Today I wanted to share one of my April layouts for Simple Stories.  I finally broke into the Life in Color collection.  There are bright and bold colors mixed with soft and light colors, and I love the mix of them together.  There is also black added in, so I thought it would be neat to start with a black background.  I'm so glad I did because these colors really pop against it!

I started with some light blue acrylic paint.  I smudged it on the black cardstock with an old gift card and then watered it down a bit and splattered it with a paint brush.  I cut a few frames from one of the patterned papers to add to the sides of the photos and layered even more papers behind them.  My title was actually the first thing I created, and I used a lot of the washi paper tape to do it.


Making this title was fun and pretty easy.  I stuck down a bunch of the paper tape onto some white cardstock.  I created this "snapshots" title in my Cameo software and then just simply cut the cardstock.  It worked great, and I love how it looks!  Lots of fun patterns and colors!  I finished off the longer title with some alpha stickers, some hand-drawn & fussy cut letters (happy) and a "life" sticker.


I love mixing and matching products.  Here, I used a few die cuts layered on top of the photo and each other and a brad.  I also added some tangled thread, and I machine stitched around the frame.  I love those little details!


More fun die cuts and fussy cut flowers layered in here.  I love how the blue paint looks here...it looks like it has a really next texture.  I stitched through it just to add more interest.


Here's a look at the bottom cluster.  I combined some fussy cut flowers & leaves with some washi paper tape, strips of paper, flower & word stickers, paint and stitching.


Here's one more look at the title area.  I really want to try this idea for a big title again soon!  Using the paper tape was a lot of fun, and it looks awesome!


Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Have a wonderful weekend, friends!


3 comments:

  1. FABULOUS!! LOVE The blue paint against the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, loving the color on the black. Don't know if you found a source for fringe scissors yet but I saw Martha Stewart ones for $14.29 at Hobby Lobby today. MS section next to punches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous!! I love this line- and you made it look even more tempting!!!

    ReplyDelete