Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hey Cuteness / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey there!  I have a new layout for Shimmerz to share today.  I created a fun and bright layout featuring lots of washi tape and Shimmerz goodness.  My color scheme was inspired by the package of washi tape I used to create this page.  It's a pack from Michael's, and they are all rolls of beautiful & bright watercolor tape.  I pulled out several Shimmerz products that matched the tapes.

I've created a few layouts like this before, but not with washi tape.  I took a spare piece of white cardstock and covered it with strips of the washi.  I covered most of it with a light coat of white gesso and then started adding Shimmerz.  I added some Vibez, Coloringz and Shimmerz Paint.  After it dried, I punched several sized circles out and placed them around my background.  I decided where I wanted my photo and then I had my design ready to go.

I used clear gesso on my background cardstock and then used a small circle stencil with the Mari-Gold Digger Texturez.  I love the pretty orange color, and it was the perfect shade that matched the orange in the washi tapes.


Here you can see the washi tapes and the Shimmerz on top of them.  I used the packaging technique with some Pretty in Pink Coloringz here.  The smaller orange circles were made by smoothing some of the Texturez onto scrap cardstock and punching them out with a 1-inch punch.  I also machine stitched with gold thread through all the washi circles.


I love the texture from the Texturez!  It's very gritty and looks so dimensional on the paper.  To contrast that, I added some green thread.


More beautiful colors!  I added a few Amy Tangerine clear stickers on the layout, including this teal flower and the cute cameras.  That gorgeous blue is Vibez in Jeni B Bleu.


Here's one ore close-up.  I added some splatters of Vibez Sunset Strip. I also added a few flair buttons, and my title is a few glittery green Thickers mixed with a Heidi Swapp puffy sticker.


You can check out my process video to see how I put this layout together from start to finish...it was super fun to create!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!


Products Used:
Coloringz -- Pretty in Pink, Don't Citron Me
Vibez -- Jeni B Bleu, Sunset Strip
Texturez -- Mari-Gold Digger
Shimmerz -- Royal Red, Magenta


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Missy! Really love the pops of gold and those peeking doilies! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete