Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Darling Valentine / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I'm back again...this time to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2016 January Hip Kits, and I just can't get enough of these beautiful colors!  I knew I wanted to use the black and white striped Crate Paper paper because it matched the stripes in my daughter's shirt.  I used a big piece of the dotted paper and added a lot of white gesso to white some of the pattern out.  I used the packaging technique and a lot of teal Shimmerz spray (not in the kit) to create the watercolor look.  I machine stitched that big heart and then built all the layers from there.


Be still my heart!  All of my favorite things in one close-up photo...watercolor, stitching, shiny gold glitter, wood veneer, puffy stickers...all of it!  I used the Heidi Swapp Gold Texture Paste from the Color Kit to color the wood heart.  I just used my finger, and the texture and shine turned out beautifully.  Those cute acrylic circles are exclusive "confetti" this month....LOVE them!


I believe these turquoise Heidi Swapp puffy alphas may be my new favorite thing.  I love how they look continuous when you place them beside each other...so pretty!  I kept the Studio Calico wood veneer letters raw and created "Valentine" for my title. I also added some of the CP chipboard and stickers.


I fussy cut the XOs from one of the CP papers...it's full of them!  I love the beautiful teal vellum words in the kit this month...they are the perfect color.  I added more stickers and confetti circles here as well.


Last close-up of the photo area...I added pop dots to the one on the left and also added some tissue paper under them.  That cute heart is from the CP tag pack and the the brad is from MME.


Once again, here's my process video if you'd like to watch me create this layout.  Thanks for watching!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment