Thursday, January 28, 2016

XO Love Always / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I have another layout to share today for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 January Hip Kits.  I used a lot of Crate Paper goodies for this one, and I created my mixed media background with some Shimmerz products.  I decided to go bold for my background with this black and white striped paper.  I added some white gesso using an old gift card and then used the Pucker Up Pink Dazzlerz from the Color Kit mixed with some distress paints to create a few different shades.  I also added some teal spray from my stash.  I also did a lot of hand stitching on the XO for some added detail.  I cut the XO and "love" from one of Nicole's cut files.


Here you can see the texture from the gesso and texture paste. I love how the colors blended together.  I used pop dots to raise the XO up.  I added in some of the Crate Paper stickers and a butterfly puffy sticker.  That cute brad is from My Mind's Eye, and those clear gold stickers are from Heidi Swapp.  I love the detail from the hand stitching!


I love the pops of teal...this flower chipboard piece was perfect for this spot.  I created a little cluster with some of the MME chipboard buttons and added a CP glitter sticker.


I blew up the cut files and cut them really large so they would be the basis of my design.  I used a black pen to trace around the "love" so it would stand out a bit more.  I also machine stitched through the chipboard Thickers with gold thread.


I added a few more stickers here...I did have to glue them down since they didn't want to stick that well on top of the thread.


Here's a look at my process video if you'd like to see how this page came together...I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day :)

2 comments: