Monday, November 23, 2015

Creating a Shaker Element on a Layout / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey, friends!  I'm so excited to share my newest Shimmerz layout with you today!  I decided to try something new and create a big shaker element on my page.  I didn't use any patterned paper on this page at all.  It's all cardstock and a few embellishments.

I began with white cardstock and some clear gesso.  I used the plastic packaging technique with Vibez Jeni B Bleu and Coloringz O Say Can U Sea.  I wanted to bring out the blues and teals in the photo so it would contrast with the pink.  I added a bit of pink to the background using Shimmerz in Magenta.  I also added a little bit of lighter blue and teals to the background with Inklingz in Blue Lagoon, Me & Blue and Spotlight White and some Creameez in Ride the Tide.

I took a big piece of plastic packaging from a chipboard sheet and cut a giant heart out.  I sewed most of it down and then created a bunch of confetti to put inside it.  I did that by using my confetti punch.  I used all the Shimmerz colors on a scrap piece of white cardstock and then punched through it.  I added the circles to the heart and then finished stitching it.


I used a cut file from Just Nick that I've had laying around for a while.  I love how it looks over the background and shaker heart.  I also added in some random buttons from my stash.  I love all those little confetti circles....you can see how I did that in my process video below.  I used embellishments from the Maggie Holmes Shine collection.


I decided to add some pops of yellow, so I added in some Coloringz in No Yoking.  I just LOVE how Shimmerz products look on white cardstock!


I love these pretty colors together.  I made sure all the blues and teals were dry before adding the Magenta here.  I added just a drip and then used my small acrylic block to smudge it around.


Here's a close-up of all those tiny circles...all colored by Shimmerz :)  You could still do this idea even if you don't have a confetti punch.  You could simply cut strips with your scissors and then cut them into teeny squares.  You'd still get the same effect.


Here's my process video if you'd like to check out how this layout came together.  I hope it inspires you!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!  You can also check out the Shimmerz YouTube channel for even more Design Team inspiration!


Products Used:
 Coloringz--Heidi Ho Blue, Oh Say Can U Sea, No Yoking
Vibez--Jeni B Bleu
Shimmerz--Magenta
Inklingz--Spotlight White, Blue Lagoon, Me & Blue, No One's Chrome
Creameez--Ride the Tide


1 comment:

  1. This is precious, Missy! Love those lace hearts, and the shaker element steals the show!

    ReplyDelete