Sunday, October 11, 2015

She's a Beauty / Hip Kit Club

Hello and Happy Sunday, friends :)  I have my first layout for the Hip Kit Club using the gorgeous 2015 October Hip Kits to share with you today!  I'm honestly blown away by the kits this month.  They are jam packed with so many pretty items from Pink Paislee and Jen Hadfield, and the exclusive Project Life cards and stencils are amazing.

This layout started in a completely different direction than how it wound up.  You can see how it originally began in my process video down below.  I like how it turned out much better :)  You know I love to start with white cardstock and create my own background, so I used some Glass Bead Gel from my stash and the plus sign stencil.  Once that dried, I used some of the Prima Watercolor Pencils from the Color Kit to create a pretty watercolor look.  I wound up tracing around the plus signs with a Distress Marker and then a gold pen to make them pop a bit more.

My layers behind the photo are all Project Life cards.  I used zero patterned paper for this page!  I didn't plan it that way...it just happened.  I used lots of bits and pieces from the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane collection, a few pieces from Jen Hadfield and two cute wood veneer flowers from Simple Stories.


Here you can see the texture from the Glass Bead Gel.  It goes one just like modeling paste, but it's thicker and more textured.  I got it from Michael's.  This fun tag is in the Cedar Lane pack as well as the flower and leaf pieces.  I used some of the Abandoned Coral Distress Paint from the July Color Kit to paint the wood flowers.  This big circle die cut behind my layers was created in my Silhouette software.  I just duplicated a circle design I found in the Silhouette store and welded it together.


From first glance, these kits don't appear to have much pink in them.  Look closer!  There are pink elements...and a lot of it is on these Project Life cards.  I think those pink tones look amazing with all of these blues and aquas.  And don't forget gold...it goes with everything :)


I used a strip of the gold dotted washi tape from Jen Hadfield on this page.  I combined some of the aqua glitter Heidi Swapp alphas with these pretty tall gold Thickers for my title.  I did stitch through them to make sure they stay put.


One final close-up of the right side.  I punched the "Be Happy" from one of the Jen Hadfield papers.  There is also a pack of Pink Paislee Memorandum clear stickers in the PL Kit, and I used a few of those as well.  These colors just look so pretty together!


Here's my process video if you're interested in watching!  I hope it inspires you in some way :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Missy, I am so very inspired by you! I adore everything you create. I love watching your videos, too! You're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout. The video was great too. I never seem to stick to my plan it always ends up different'

    ReplyDelete