Saturday, September 12, 2015

Sweet Day / My Scraps & More

Happy Weekend, y'all!  I have a layout to share for My Scraps & More today.  I created it for last week's Mix it Up Monday challenge over on our forums.  The challenge was to create a diagonal design of some sort, write your journaling diagonally and to include some triangles.  I have been waiting to dig into the new Pinkfresh Studio Happy Things collection, and this triangle paper has been calling my name!  I love the colors in it, and so I used about half of it and adhered it to white cardstock.  Using only part of a busy paper is a great way to not overpower the entire layout.  I added inks, sprays and gelatos to the cardstock and did some stamping with a triangle stamp.

This layout also includes some items from Evalicious, which you can find in the store HERE.


This flair button and yellow circle sticker are from Evalicious.  I love all the tid bits you can get...including wood veneer as well.  I traced over the white letters on the yellow sticker to make them stand out a bit more.


I used a T-square ruler to draw my journaling lines with a pencil to make sure they would be straight.  I also used some of the Dear Lizzy American Crafts stencils from Rise & Shine collection and some Mustard Seed Distress Ink to create the yellow words on the background.


Here is a close-up of the watercolor background.  I added more triangles with a stamp.  I "stamped off" which means I just kept stamping each time until the ink was off the stamp.  It creates a faded look.


I combined the Pinkfresh Studio black glitter Thickers with some American Crafts transparent alphas for my title.  I love combining different fonts like this :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment