Sunday, September 6, 2015

Dream / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, everyone!  I have my weekly layout for Hip Kit Club to share with you today.  I used the 2015 August Kits, and they are nothing short of beautiful.  I decided to go soft and "dreamy" with this page and scrapped a photo of my daughter sleeping.  She was "reading" this big catalog one night and fell asleep with it between her knees!

I used some of the beautiful Pinkfresh Studio paper as my background (in the Main Kit).  I just adore that gradient teal color...so pretty.  I used the dotted American Crafts vellum (in the Paper Kit) and ran it through my Cameo to cut out some cute clouds.  (That is the Happy Little Clouds cutfile from The Cut Shoppe).  I stitched with gold thread through them all to adhere them.  I used a few of the Project Life cards as layers behind my photo and added several Crate Paper Wonder embellishments around it.


I love these colors together..it wound up being such a pretty color scheme, I think.  I added in some teal thread for some extra texture, and I made sure to overlap the clouds so the vellum wouldn't be totally covered.


Gold!  Yes, please!  These shiny gold Thickers were a perfect fit inside this cloud.  I did have to glue them down since I placed them on top of thread.  I added in that gold glitter chipboard from Freckled Fawn for a bit more gold :)


This cute wooden scalloped banner is from Pinkfresh Studio, as well as the alpha stickers.  I really love how the vellum looks here.


And one last close-up of this gorgeous gold Thicker word...probably my favorite item in the kits this month!  I couldn't resist using the cute little bunny and cat pieces on this :)


You can check out my process video below if you'd like to see how I put this page together.  Hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Aw!!! This is so adorable and super soft and dreamy!!! Mission accomplished!! ❤️ LOOOVE that gold and vellum! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete