Thursday, July 2, 2015

Just Plain Cute / A Flair For Buttons

Hey there, friends!  I have a fun (and just plain cute) layout to share with you today for A Flair For Buttons :)  I pulled out this adorable photo of my little Paige from a few years ago to scrap, and I used the Basic Grey Prism collection.  I started off with the triangle stamp that is part of the collection and used some black archival ink on white cardstock.  I then came over that with an American Crafts flower stencil and some shades of blue distress ink.  I added in some blue, orange and black ink splatters.  I used a few patterned papers behind my photo and pulled several coordinating embellishments for the right hand side.  I used two awesome flair buttons from two different sets, which I have listed below.

Just Plain Cute

I added in some washi tape, some stamping and some tangled thread.  I love layering my flair buttons like this.  They are awesome for clustering.


Just Plain Cute1

I love any type of embellishment with a camera on it, and this flair button was perfect for this spot.  I rolled some orange thread into a circle and layered it under the button.  I love the pop of orange it gives, and it helps separate the white of the button from the white of the paper.

  Just Plain Cute3

I cut the pink messy frame on my Cameo, and these big flowers are a Jillibean Soup stamp.  I used gelatos to color them in to match my patterned papers.  This way, I was able to get more of the yellow and royal blue onto my page to pick up the blue in her shirt a little more.


Just Plain Cute2

Here's a look at the top of the photo...another stamped flower that I cut out.  I love how it looks when it's layered.

Just Plain Cute4

And finally a look at the journaling and title area.  Those are American Crafts Thickers, and the stamps are from Simple Stories and Elle's Studio.  I added in a bit of pink machine stitching and some Tim Holtz sentiment stickers at the bottom.

Just Plain Cute5

I used these flair buttons from these two awesome sets:



My Life Words 4

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out the A Flair For Buttons shop and take a look at ALL the amazing flair buttons!!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how I've never looked at your blog before now! It's awesome! You already know I'm a big fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome layout and she sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this BG collection on your layout Missy, and I agree about anything with a camera on it!! The flair buttons mix in perfectly with the other embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek!! The layers! I cant even stand all of it! Ha! It's incredibke. I love the colors and bits of thread! Amazing layout!

    ReplyDelete