Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My Scraps Sketch #108 / Sugary Sweet Thumb

Hey, friends!  Happy Tuesday, and welcome back to my blog :)  I hope you're enjoying your week so far.  Have you seen the newest sketch up on the My Scraps Sketch Blog?  Our guest designer this month is Katrina Hunt, and I really love her sketch.  Check it out...


I used the new American Crafts Fine & Dandy collection for this with a few other pieces thrown in.  I decided to use two photos instead of three, and in place of the third one I layered  several of the cut apart pieces above the photo on the rights.  I love the color combo in this collection.  I used a Heidi Swapp triangle stencil and some modeling paste on the background papers and then came in with a bit of the Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint to add more of that mint color.  I used an old loopy loop border stamp and then stitched around the whole thing with black thread.


I love all the details here...I paired up a few bits from the DIY Boutique line from Simple Stories.  I love the washi tape strips in this AC line....I stuck this piece to white paper first so it wouldn't lay flat.  Also, I wanted the true colors to show up and not blend in with the background.  I love the acetate hearts and stars....so pretty!  I stapled them down.  I also added in a few die cuts on black cardstock....part of my title and this cute little "photo" piece (from The Cut Shoppe).


Here's a shot of the layers...these colors are just so yummy :)  The stickers are from Simple Stories.


Here's a look at the texture....and I love how the staples look through these stars.  That "hello" die cut is from the Silhouette store, and it has been sitting on my desk for a while, so I decided to use it here.


One last close-up here...more washi tape and a border strip (the hearts).  I also used some washi from my stash.  That cute acetate bow is in the AC collection, and the yellow rhinestone is from my stash.  The "sugary sweet" alphas are from the Basic Grey Prism line...they matched perfectly!


I hope you'll play along with us over on the Sketch Blog!  There's a huge prize pack up for grabs, so go check it out HERE!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome use of the Sketch, Missy! The colors all look great together, and I love the Black stitching on the Pink background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! this is soooooo pretty and COOL!! i love that pink with the minty color!! swoon! awesome!!! so much texture, and the black stitching - yeah man!! so cool!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a thumb-sucker, too ;). Totally in love with that stitched frame! I'm always so inspired every time I visit your blog, Missy! TFS!

    ReplyDelete