Saturday, May 16, 2015

She's Flying / Chickaniddy Crafts

Hey there, and Happy Saturday!  I have another layout for Chickaniddy Crafts to share today.  I was so excited to put together this Spring layout featuring bright and happy Spring colors!  Those are my favorite...sunny, bold and fresh.  Spring makes me think of all these things.  I wanted to create a bright and fun background for this one, and so I incorporated some mixed media into the project.  I used products from Twirly Girly, Date Night and Scrumptious for this.

Supplies Used:  Date Night--Downtown DN140S03, Enamel Hearts DN14EB07; Twirly Girly--Mini Sticker Sentiments TG14EB05, Alpha Stickers TG14EB01, Enamel Hearts TG14EB07; Scrumptious--Autumn Haze SC140S06, Frolic in the Leaves SC140S11, Fall Bouquet SC140S01, Check Please SC140S09, Nutmeg SC140S07, Friends & Family SC140S08, Clear Stamps SC14ST01, Die Cut Tags SC14EB04, Journal Tags SC14EB03, Mini Sticker Tags SC14EB06, Mini Sticker Sentiments SC14EB07, Mini Brads SC14EB08; Liquitex Gesso, Brother Sewing Machine, Coats Thread, Silhouette Cameo, Recollections Washi Tape, October Afternoon Date Stamp, American Crafts Roller Stamp, pop dots, Ranger Archival Ink, Sharpie pen

Here's how I created this layout:

1.  I coated my background paper with some clear gesso so that my paint would have a place to settle.  Without the gesso, a lot of water can tear right through it.  After that, I used a lined stencil and some modeling paste to create those subtle lines.  I also used a circle stencil, an orange gelato and my finger to smudge those orange circles all over the page.

Here you can see the circles and the paste a bit closer.  I love the texture it creates!


2.  Next, I brought out the watercolors and dabbed lots of pink, yellow and blue around the page.  There was no rhyme or reason...just painting and dabbing here and there so it would show where I wanted it to throughout the page.  Here you can see it better.  I also added some machine stitching in various colors.  I didn't use green watercolors, so I used green thread to stitch with.

3.  Next, I added my paper layers under the photo and decided what embellishments I wanted to use.


4.  Lastly, I added these fun die cuts to the bottom of the page and paired them with some stickers and a cute enamel heart.


These adorable frames are in the Die Cut bag....so cute!


I hope this inspires you in some way to use some Spring colors on a project....the Chickaniddy lines are perfect for it!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment