Thursday, May 14, 2015

It's a Beautiful Day / Shimmerz

Hey there, friends!  Today I'm sharing another rainbow inspired layout for the Shimmerz blog, and I used lots of yummy Shimmerz products to create it.  I started with white cardstock and my black and white photo.  My photo printed out a lot lighter than I wanted, but I decided to scrap it anyway.  As I sorted through my box of Shimmerz goodies, I decided to use some bright and cheerful colors.  I used some Coloringz and Vibez and sprayed them onto some white cardstock.  I then took a large Jillibean Soup flower stamp and stamped it over the color.  I fussy  cut them out and then built the rest of my page around them.

I cut my title on my Cameo...it's a cut file from The Cut Shoppe, and I lightly traced around it with a silver pen to make it a bit more visible.


I used these same products and sprayed them on plastic packaging to create the smudges on the background.  I wanted lots of white space on this page, so I limited the mixed media to the bottom portion of the layout.


These smudges here were made with Dazzlerz and a foam brush.  I just dipped the tip of the brush into the Dazzlerz and brushed it over the page.  I used Gummy Berry Blue and Sour Apple.  I chose a few papers from my stash and then colored a white piece of corrugated paper with No Yoking Coloringz.  I added a bit of white tissue paper behind my photo, and I used Dazzlerz and Vibez to color the wood veneer.


The colors...oh my goodness!  LOVE.  The pink is Coloringz in Pretty in Pink.  I also used Sunset Strip Vibez and Kermit the Frog Vibez, as well as some Jeni B Bleu.  And my layout wouldn't be complete without some tangled thread :)


Here's another shot of the flowers...they turned out so pretty.  I added some rhinestones and some stitching to finish them off.


One last shot of the upper right corner.  I used a Crate Paper rub-on and added lots of washi tape as well as more rhinestones to complete this cluster.


I hope this inspires you to create something bright and colorful using minimal patterned paper.  A little bit of Shimmerz can go a long way :)

Visit the Shimmerz Paint Store and check out all the amazing goodies!  Mention my name in the box when you checkout, and you can receive some free product!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Products Used:
Coloringz--No Yoking, Oh Say Can U Sea, Pretty in Pink, Heidi Ho Blue
Vibez--Sunset Strip, Jeni B Bleu, Kermit the Frog
Spritz--Ruby
Dazzlerz--Sour Apple, Gummy Berry Blue, Lemon Drop



2 comments: