Sunday, November 9, 2014

Together Always / My Scraps & More

Hey there, friends :)  I hope you're having a great weekend.  It's been rainy here since last night, and that has brought a little bit cooler temperatures.  The perfect day to stay inside and work on scrapbook layouts!  Yay :D

I also hope you found some time to join us over on the My Scraps & More boards for our Pinspirational Crop.  There are currently 15 challenges up!  Each Design Team member created three challenges based on Pinterest pins.  One of my challenges was based on an inspirational quote, which I used on a strip down at the bottom of my layout.

I created this layout using the gorgeous Maggie Holmes Open Book by Crate Paper.  Although there is a TON of ephemera and die cuts in this collection, I went minimal here.  I backed a few die cut hearts (from The Cut Shoppe HERE).  I gessoed my background and then used distress inks & water and some plastic packaging to smudge it around.  I love the watercolor effect that creates.


I added in some of the vellum pieces and some thread here.  That LOVE transparency piece is from Heidi Swapp....and I actually found it on the floor next to my desk chair from one of my earlier projects.  It matched, so I made a place for it :)


I created a heart cluster at the top right using stickers, a fabric covered brad, some machine stitching and a few rub-ons.


This collection is full of these fun vellum pieces.  The hard part is choosing which ones to use...the choices are endless!  I love these rub-on hearts...probably one of my favorite parts of the collection, I think.


You can find this collection in the My Scraps Store, and you can find a lot more fun challenges over on the forums!  Lots of games going on, and lots of fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. The hearts look awesome behind your photo Misdy, and I love the way you backed them with the different colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of my favorite layouts by you! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, this is a favorite! Great cut files and paper line to document such a sweet sentiment for years to come:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the hearts POP! Super fun!!

    ReplyDelete