Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hey Sister / My Scraps & More

Happy Thursday! I hope you're doing well today :)

Before I get to my layout share, I wanted to let you know about our fun Pinspirational Crop going on this weekend at My Scraps & More!  It starts tomorrow, and there will be 15 different challenges for you, all inspired by Pinterest!  You do not have to even get on Pinterest or be a member of Pinterest to join us.  The design team has chosen various pins that have inspired each of our challenges, so all you have to do is hop on over and see what's going on!  It'll be lots of fun!  Lots of scrapping, games and prizes!


This layout is up today for our Throwback Thursday challenge.  This challenge is always about using up your stash that has been sitting on your shelves for a while.  The challenge was to use a collection at least a year old, and use at least one random item you bought somewhere on sale or clearance even though it didn't go with anything.

I used the Here and Now collection from Echo Park, and those loopy border stickers were my random item.  I found those on clearance at Michael's, and I just thought they were cute.  They were actually red, but I gessoed over them and added distress inks and gelatos.   Now they're a run texture element in my background.  Fun and easy!  I think I'm truly in love with how this background turned out.  I used my Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads and dabbed them onto a piece of plastic packaging and spritzed a bit of water.  Then I took the plastic and turned it upside down onto my paper and smudged it all around.  Once one color was dry, I did it with the next color.  Such a cool way to get a watercolor background using inks!


I cut my "Sister" on my Cameo and then free hand traced the edges.  I used pop dots to raise up this cute camera, and then found that flair pin in my stash.  It just happened to match!  Love when that happens :)


So much going on here...Lots of layering, stitching, stamping, stickers.....washi tape, and the fun background.  I guess you could say the background itself is full of layers:  paper, gesso, stickers, inks, gelatos, and stamps.


One more angle of the background.  Isn't this #LOVE stamp cute?  It's from Heidi Swapp.


I hope this inspires you to pull out those random items you have laying around and use them up!  There's always a way to alter the color or texture...get creative!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day :)

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous background work and love the layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your water colored backgrounds....I'm not brave enough to get really into that yet. You do it so well I figure mine will look like my 2 year old painted it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout Missy! I love the mix of different colors in the background and the repeated Love stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background is AMAZING!! I can't even handle how awesome it is!!

    ReplyDelete