Monday, August 4, 2014

Market Street 3x4 cards / My Mind's Eye

Happy Monday, friends!  I wanted to share my latest layout for My Mind's Eye.  It was up on the blog HERE on Friday.

I never know what to do with all of those 3x4 Project Life-type cards that have been coming in many collections these days.  I don't do PL or any type of pocket pages at all.  It's just not my thing.  I love seeing other designers' PL spreads...but I would just rather not get into a timely project like that.  I'd never be able to keep up.  Soooo....what to do with all of those cards?  I say pick your favorite ones and use them as little blocks of patterned paper!

I pulled out the 3x4 cards from the Market Street Nob Hill line and arranged them like I wanted.  I inked the edges and then adhered them down to black cardstock.  Once that was done, the rest was just embellishing, journaling and photo placement.  My embellishments are a mix of Ashbury Heights and Nob Hill.


I added lots of chipboard pieces around my photos as well as some black thread.  My journaling fit perfectly to the right of my photos.


I am still LOVING all of the shiny gold elements in these lines!  There is even some of it in the chipboard elements....yes!


I added a few tid bits from the Necessities Metallics line...like this gold arrow and the rose colored shiny tape at the bottom.  I just can't get enough of the shine.  It's so eye-catching!


This is the second layout I've created using these type of cards...it really helps use them up while creating fun and colorful pages!  Embellishing each card is like a little layout in itself.  HERE is the other layout I created that is similar to this one.  I used other MME products for that one.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope this gives you some ideas of how to use up those cards :)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE how you used the cards here on your page!!! such a clever idea!!! totally rocks!! and always love seeing what you are creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this design, Missy! Such a great way to use the 3x4 cards, and I love the touches of Gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea, Missy! I so need to play more with my MME goodies. Thanks for your continued inspiration! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use those cards. You are always full of neat ideas.

    ReplyDelete