Friday, August 15, 2014

Love These Moments / My Scraps & More

Happy Friday, friends :)  This is our last weekend before school starts on Monday...I think I might be in the minority here when I say I'm actually going to miss my girls when they go back!  I've enjoyed having them home with me the past few months.  We've been working on getting up early the past few days...and even I'm having trouble doing it...haha :)  Once you get used to sleeping in, it's hard to break that pattern.

Anyway, today I'm sharing a layout I created a few weeks ago for a challenge over on the My Scraps & More boards.  Our Got Talent contest is winding down at the end of this month, and then we'll be back to our regular daily challenges.  For this challenge, the rules were to use stamps to create an embellishment.  I used a circle heart stamp from Jillibean Soup.  I stamped it a few times in different colored inks, cut it out, added pop dots, and that's it!  A handmade embellishment :)  I also created one using the "hello life" stamp, but I can't for the life of me remember what brand it is.

I used some gorgeous My Mind's Eye products for this...it's a mix of Necessities Wood, Record It and Now and Then.  There's also some American Crafts goodies thrown in the mix.


I know I say it every time, but I just love layering.  I don't think I could create a layout with layers!  The "love" part of my title is a Cameo cut.  I used white cardstock and then watercolored it the pink to match.  I layered in some AC Mayberry die cuts as well as some chipboard from Cut & Paste.  My big white circles were cut from my Cameo and I backed each one with MME papers.


I just love the color mix here.  That green is from the watercolors I added to the wood background.  I'm kind of obsessed with watercolors....but you probably already knew that...haha :)


Another angle of the layering and texture....here you can see where I added gesso to the background.  And that cute arrow paper clip was from a clearance pack at Hobby Lobby several weeks ago.  You just never know what you may find while browsing around!


Thanks so much for stopping by today :)  I hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. love how fun and colorful your page is!!! all the circles and stamp work!!!! great page.. I'm kinda sad mine go back this week too, it's going to be soooo quiet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so beautiful Missy!! Loving the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Missy!! I love the repeated circles and all of the energy they give to your fun page!!

    ReplyDelete