Wednesday, August 20, 2014

How Do I Love Thee? / Chickaniddy Crafts

Hey there!  I hope your Wednesday is going well so far :)  Today, I'm sharing a layout inspired by this month's gorgeous Pinspiration Mood Board over at Chickaniddy Crafts.  This project was shared on the CC blog last week.  This gorgeous flower bouquet jumped out at me, and I was immediately drawn to the beautiful colors.


I pulled out the beautiful Date Night collection and started fussy cutting these flowers.  I knew I wanted to recreate the bouquet around my photo.  I printed the photo in black & white so it would pop against the corals and oranges.  I've also been wanting to use the numbers in this collection, so I worked them in here.  I layered all the flowers under the photo layers and added a fun circle die cut and some thread.


Here you can see all the dimension.  By layering shapes on top of one another, you can get really nice depth to your layouts.  I went a little layer crazy here...I tried to incorporate lots of different things here, and I really like how it turned out.  I love mixing up the alphas in my title, and this was a good time to use lots of different ones since it's a longer one.


Another angle of the layering.  I really love tucking things here and there, and I love how my vellum printing turned out.  I just ran it through my printer, and it worked great!


I used more little stickers, a few brads and a sentiment sticker here at the bottom.  Sweet and simple :)


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful week :)

Supplies Used: DN140S10 Backwoods Lovin', DN140S01 Awesome Blossom, DN140S08 Wallflower, DN140S12 Plaid Is Rad, DN140S07 Spiffy Tags, DN14EB01 Alpha Stickers, DN14EB02 Sticker Sheet, DN14EB03 Mini Sticker Banners, DN14EB04 Mini Sticker Tags, DN14EB06 Brads; Other--Liquitex Gesso, Silhouette Cameo, Stampendous Ink, Pop Dots, Thread, Recollections Vellum, Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Studio G Washi Tape

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous use of the colors Missy, and I love the different patterned papers you layered in the background!!

    ReplyDelete