Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Love Her Smile / The Cut Shoppe

Hello there, friends!  Today I'm sharing a layout that I made just for me...no design teams or deadlines.  I haven't made a page just for fun in soooo long!  It felt good to just play and do whatever inspired me.  I was definitely inspired by a fun cut file over at The Cut Shoppe.  My dear friend Ashley Horton has her own Etsy store now with a lot of really cute and original cut files.  I saw this one, "The X File" cut and had to have it.

I cut the file onto white cardstock first off.  I have been wanting to dive into the Basic Grey Highline collection for weeks....it has been calling my name!  (I got it at the My Scraps Store).  So I took my cut file and used watercolors and gelatos to created a multi-colored look to match the colors in the collection.  Then, I decided to use the cut file in an off-centered way, so I made it crooked and ran it off the page.  Then I layered papers behind my photos and added embellishments.



I went over the cut file with a black pen just to give it some interest.  I just love these fun wooden chalkboard pieces in the BG collection!  I created my title on this piece and popped it up so I could layer things under it.


I'm so in love with these bright colors!  And they pop so well off the black background.  This cut file is so much fun!


More layers...and an actual piece of ribbon!  I have so much of it in my stash, so I pulled some out and used it.  I really need to incorporate it more into my projects.


Here's a look at the cut file.  What I love about these designs is once you open them into your Silhouette software, you can shrink them or enlarge them.  Customize to what you want!  You should go check out The Cut Shoppe HERE!  You can also visit the blog HERE.


Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment