Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Reason to Smile

Hey there, and happy Tuesday :)  Here's a layout I made several weeks ago for a Tuesday Trigger challenge over at My Scraps and More.  The challenge was to create a monochromatic layout using your favorite color.  I can't ever resist pink, so that's the color I chose :)

I used the Flea Market collection from Crate Paper, and even a few older CP pieces thrown in.  I just went through and pulled out lots of pink pieces.  I just adored this bokeh heart paper....I didn't want to cut it up, so I made it my background.  I added some modeling paste and some grey watercolor and even a little touch of stamping.


Here you can see the texture of the paste and the thread.  Fun and easy ways to add interest to your page!  Also, adding pop dots allows you to create even more depth.


I used some old Lily Bee alpha stickers as part of my title, which I layered over my paper layers.  There's even some washi tape in there as well.


This chipboard heart is one of my favorite pieces...I love that it's not solid.  Easy to layer in right here!  I also added in some VERY old pink rick rack.  If you're like me, you have a ton of ribbon in your stash.  I hardly ever use it!  I need to make it work more often.


Another close up of the paste and watercolors...I am so glad I finally gave this stuff a try!  It's so fun to play with!


Thanks for taking a peek at my layout today :)  I hope you have a GREAT day!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, just like always! Just wanted to say I really love what you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink on this amazing layout. Great texture and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the monochromatic look, Missy! I love all of the shades of Pink you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the monochromatic pink and how perfect that background paper suits this layout! LOVE all the details. You constantly amaze!:)

    ReplyDelete