Monday, November 11, 2013

Cheerio Avalanche

Hey there, friends!  Happy Monday to you :)  I'm sharing another page I created with the November Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook today.  This picture speaks for itself...haha.  When Mommy doesn't get what we want fast enough, we just go get it ourselves.  And eating off the floor is much more fun than using an actual plate!

This page was an experiment for me.  I wanted to mimic the cheerios in the photo, so I used my watercolor pencils and a template and traced a bunch of circles.  I also did the same with the blue arrows.  Watercolor pencils are so fun and easy to use!  They smudge so easily with a little bit of water added.  Very fun to blend!


These fun wooden pieces from American Crafts are in the kit...very fun to color up and use!  There are also lots of chipboard buttons.


Here's a close up of the watercolor pencil work...definitely a neat effect.


I love the MME buttons in the kit...perfect match for the included papers.  I love curling the ends of papers...I just like the look of it.  


Even though this kit is full of Fall papers and embellishments, I was able to create pages that weren't fall related at all.  I like taking on the challenge of making seasonal papers work for a non-seasonal layout :)

You can go HERE to check out all the kits at My Creative Scrapbook.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun, Missy! I love what you did with the watercolor pencils! It created a great look on your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I really like the effect from the watercolor pencils.....neat! Also, like all of the layering!

    ReplyDelete