Wednesday, August 28, 2013

True Words - My Scraps Sketch #43

Hey, friends!  Hope you're doing well on this beautiful sunny Wednesday :)  I have a page to share today that I designed for Sketch #43 over on the My Scraps Sketch Blog.  I loved working with the grid design on this one.  I shrunk the grid down and moved it off center.  I really love how this page turned out...for once my masking and modeling paste vision turned out exactly like I wanted it to!  This time, I sprayed some color shine mist over the paste and mask while it was still wet and let it dry over night.  I love the ombre effect it created!

I used up the last bits and pieces of the Hopscotch collection from Fancy Pants.  I added in random washi tapes, stamps, buttons, a flower and some die-cut butterflies I had left over from another project.


I added in some of my very old dew drops, too.  I'm soooo loving modeling paste and texture it gives!


A nice close-up of several elements here.


I love how the stamping looks on top of the dried paste.


One of the cute painted butterflies :)


You can go HERE to join in on the sketch blog...prize winners are drawn each month!  And we have a fun blog hop coming this weekend...stay tuned for that!

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Great techniques Missy!!! Each page you create just amazes me of how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just GORGEOUS Missy!!!! Love how you've used the grid design..the fab background work, every little detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Missy!! I love the way the ombre effect turned out on your modeling paste and such pretty colors!! And the grid design with the photos and patterned papers looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page to lift. You both did a fabulous job. Love your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Missy! I love the paste and mist and the stencil you used as well as the stamping and how you positioned those adorable photos!:)

    ReplyDelete