Saturday, September 15, 2012

ScrapFIT Workout #76 - Diana's Color Inspiration

***For the latest Challenge Me Happy reveal, click HERE***

Good Saturday morning to you!  I hope you were able to sleep in a bit.  That extra little bit of shut-eye in the morning makes such a difference, doesn't it?  Now that we're up and at it, it's time to share ScrapFIT's latest workout.  It's #70 and it's Diana Fisher's beautiful color inspiration.  Check it out!


The winner of this workout gets September's Low Cal FITKit...it's full of everything but paper.  Washi tape, twill, twine, stick pins, stickers....the list goes on!


If you don't want to wait to win one of these kits, you can buy one right now at the Paper Issues store.  Use the code FITKIT for a 20% discount!!  Woo hoo!!

I was nervous when I first saw this color palette...these are so not my usual color choices. If you follow my blog, then you know I love bright colors. These are so calm & on the darker side. I looked at this as a real challenge...no girly colors allowed at all! So here is what I came up with...something completely from scratch using very old papers from my stash.

I started with just plain white cardstock and a heart stencil.  I used modeling paste to create the texture, and then I just watered down some acrylic paint and washed the brush over it.  I distressed and punched my torn edges a little bit and added a messy circle stamp with silver ink.  I went through my very old stash of paper and found anything navy or grey and came up with those random paper strips.


A close-up of the heart textures. I also created this picture frame. I stamped the word "cherish" and cut around it to create a cute frame.


Another close-up...


I also added a few chipboard hearts that I painted and wrapped in floss.



You have until September 30th to play along with us. Upload your projects HERE. You really should head on over to the blog and check out all the navy blue, grey and white projects...I promise you will leave with tons of ideas & inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. What a fab job you have done here with this LO. Love the Heart background and all the paper layers. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so cute, Missy!! Not your normal colors, but definitely still your style! :) Love the modeling paste hearts and the diluted navy paint over them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture and the cute little peek a boo pic!! Awesome layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Love the mixed media work with the hearts!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the way you so effortlessly tie in textures and layers, Missy! And that photograph is breathtaking! Such a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, Missy! Definitely different colors for you, but of course you rocked it! Great job! I adore that little twine wrapped heart :)

    ReplyDelete