Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Scraps Got Talent contest

Hey there, scrappy friends...hope you're having a good weekend.  We have been bombarded with so much rain this weekend.  We've been stuck inside, and it's just so dreary outside.  Hurricane season just brings so many tropical storms & so much rain down here in Florida.  The kids are getting cabin fever, and I'm needing some fresh air.  On the other hand, being stuck inside gives me more time to scrap...and that is always a good thing!

I wanted to remind you about the summer-long scrappy contest going on over at My Scraps & More.  The Got Talent competition is overflowing with fun sketches this year.  Right now, there are several challenges up.  They are all sketches with a twist added in.  These aren't just any sketches...they are Kristine Davidson sketches!  Coming up later this summer, we'll have Julie Bonner & Jana Eubank sketches as well.  Talk about the scrappy sketch jackpot!  It doesn't get any better than that.  There are prizes given away every week, and the more you participate, the better chance you have at winning even more.

I wanted to share a page I created for one of the pre-contest challenges.  It's based on one of Kristine's sketches.  I used an older Echo Park line, Life is Good, for this one.  Yep, I hoard every single piece of paper and pull it out at later dates to use again.  I love this picture of Paige...we stuck her in the Outback takeaway bag one night...haha.




I hadn't used these cute little houses on a layout yet, and I thought since Paige was essentially "takeout" (haha) that the houses fit perfectly. Hey...you bring take-out home, right? Maybe it's a far stretch, but I liked it anyway :)
 
 
Head on over there and join us in the fun! You won't be disappointed :) Have a safe, fun and dry rest of the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Such a "delicious" page!! The houses are so perfect!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooo pretty Missy! Just love the sweet colours and your fabulous attention to details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, great title and cute picture! Love the little buttons and bows you added to the houses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy, this is just too adorable!!! That picture of Paige is soooo cute, and I love that you used those little houses, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really adorable page, Missy!! I love the Life Is Good line on this one and the buttons are so cute on the little houses! And what a great photo...oh the things we do to our children!! :) Hope the rain decides to move away from y'all soon, so you guys can get out of the house!!

    ReplyDelete