Monday, November 28, 2011

Tuckered Out & Easter Goodies

I wanted to share a layout I created as a sample for ScrapFIT's Weekend Warm-Up #19. The challenge is to use stitching on your layout or card. I remember when I first started scrapping...all I used was paper, stickers & deco scissors! Look how far we've come with all the cool things to use on layouts...I never would have thought about using thread or stitching. I'm so glad it's made its way into scrapbooking because I love the effect and the look! I find myself hand-stitching on almost all of my layouts nowadays.

Here is what I made...lots of color going on! I broke out the bubble wrap again for this one...that's another thing I can't get enough of. In addition to hand-stitching, I used one of my border stamps that looks just like stitching around the edges.





Here is another layout I made weeks ago but kept forgetting to post. It's my last Easter 2010 layout. I used a scalloped shape as a mask and misted the yellow around it, and then I lightly chalked the inside of the scallop with pink. I love colored chalks! Of course, more stitching....and a ribbon banner. I think I'm addicted to little banners! I've been creating them a lot lately.




Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great week :)

1 comment:

  1. Great pages Missy!!! I love the look of the stitched border stamp on your first page! And the floss banner above your journaling on the 2nd page is so cute!

    ReplyDelete